Cambridge University Press dates from 1534 and is the publishing business of the University of Cambridge. Our purpose is to further the University\'s objective of advancing learning, knowledge and research.
Playing a leading role in today\'s global market place, we have over 50 offices around the globe, and we distribute our products to nearly every country in the world. We publish titles written by authors in over 100 different countries.
We are dedicated to changing lives all over the world by giving people the highest quality educational and research materials throughout their life-long learning journey, from pre-school to profession.
Help us achieve our mission, and you will have a career that is not only hugely satisfying but brings with it great benefits and a stimulating, supportive working environment.
Our customers vary in age, location and expectation and, to understand them and their needs, we want staff who reflect this variety.
Above all we look for curiosity about the world and a desire to play your part in making it a better place. We look for people who will put in the time and have the empathy to understand our customers and the vital role education plays in their lives and, from this, develop a clear and ambitious vision for the part that you can play in helping Cambridge help people to realise their dreams.
In return, a career with Cambridge will help you hone the skills you have and bring out skills you never knew you possessed.
Below are some of the characteristics we look for in our staff:
- A passion for helping people learn
- An ability to see the bigger picture: that books and materials aren\'t the end product, they are what allows us to help people change their lives and achieve their potential
- An ability to communicate effectively and create relationships with both colleagues and customers
- A drive to innovate; to keep embracing the latest technology and play your part in exploiting it to create ever improving products
- An ability to work alone and show initiative but also as part of a team and in cooperation
- A high level of motivation, pride in your work and a desire to continually learn and improve
- The ability to understand and commit to the overall aims and values of the Press
- Flexibility, and a readiness to meet changing job requirements