Are you a skilled IT support technician that has experience of providing quality 1st and 2nd line technical support?
Do you have a desire to learn and the ability to combine great customer service and technical skills?
The IT Services team are responsible for a broad range of systems throughout the global enterprise and looking for a talented IT technician to enhance our support capability.
Main Purpose Of The Job
To work as part of the IT Services team and provide support across a wide range of networks, hardware and software. To provide 1st and 2nd line telephone, e-mail and desk side technical support. To take responsibility for the management of centralised and standalone printers.
Type Of Work Undertaken By Group
The IT Services Group supports a wide range of computing services within the company. This includes all aspects of providing working systems for office automation and technical computing.
The IT Services Group is responsible for all systems throughout the global enterprise including 500+ desktop and laptops, centralised storage, virtualised and physical infrastructure. Key applications include Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line telephone, email and desk side support.
- Take responsibility for the management of centralised and standalone printers.
- Support video conferencing and audio visual equipment.
- Set up and configure new laptops and desktops.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues.
- Log all calls on the internal system and maintain full documentation.
- Undertake familiarisation sessions with new recruits on use of systems and Cambridge Consultants’ procedures.
- Take responsibility for some of IT services central system administration tasks.
- Significant relevant experience in a similar 1st and 2nd line support role within a fast moving and varied environment.
- Excellent customer service and technical skills.
- Proven ability to administer centralised and standalone printers.
- Proven ability to implement and support Windows.
- Experience of one or more of the common applications in use by Cambridge Consultants (Microsoft Office or Lotus Notes).
- An appreciation of virtualisation technology.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues and investigate solutions.
- Capable of working to defined procedures.
- To support all areas of the IT services user base as required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well within a small team.
- Good organisation skills and self-motivated.
- A desire to learn.
In addition, knowledge and/or experience in the following areas is desirable, but not essential:
- Experience of migrating between Windows versions.
- Experience of working with smart phone and tablet devices such as Blackberry and IOS within an MDM environment.
- Experience of working with PGP, Sophos and LANDesk.